Global Protect and upload speed "after" I disconnect from the VPN it drops from 36.22 or so to 0.23

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect and upload speed "after" I disconnect from the VPN it drops from 36.22 or so to 0.23

L0 Member

Hello,

I originally posted this in the general discussion and moved it here where it's more appropriate. Sorry for the mistake.

I'm new and look forward to learning more about the community and Global Protect. I hope I can help in some areas as well. I'm an old dog from the DOS command line days pre-windows.

I've been using GP VPN since when the pandemic started a couple of years ago and I started working remotely. It has performed excellent these last couple of years. Last week I noticed an oddity and can not find any settings or changes that indicates the problem. Typically my speeds are  760-820 Mbps down and 36.22 - 37.20 or so upload. That's connected to my company site with GP or not connected using my local workstation.

Now when I disconnect from VPN I see my upload speeds drop to 0.16 up to 0.33 (if I'm lucky), a fraction of what they should be. The download speeds remain the same 760-820. If I reconnect to the GP VPN my upload speeds return to normal at 32-37+ disconnect they drop back to a fraction. 

Also my wife also works remotely on our home network as well and she works for the same company as me and using same corporate connection with GP VPN and her speeds remain the same on both sides (fast) connect or not connected. We are both using the same router which gives us great speeds and service. (Netgear Orbi wire mesh).

I'm not saying it's a GP VPN problem but that's the only difference for me is that when I now disconnect it drops the upload speed to a fraction of what it should be. Also if I  switch to the Qualcomm wireless in my computer (Dell XPS) it also gives fast speeds connected or not, the same as my wife's machine does. So it's only my Ethernet wired connection and only on my computer when the upload speed drops after disconnecting from the vpn.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you have some suggestions where I can look in the GP VPN setting to see what the cause might be. I have checked all local IP config settings and they appear normal and compared them to my wife's which also appear identical other than the ip address is of course different.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Gary

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!