ION with secondary subnet and corresponding DHCP scope

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ION with secondary subnet and corresponding DHCP scope

L1 Bithead

When ION2K or ION3K and secondary LAN IP

AND

DHCP scope for both the primary and secondary subnet,

The DHCP service fails.  Neither subnet can get addresses.

code 5.6.15-b1 AND 6.1.5.b1

Has anyone else seen this, have recommendations?

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

Not supported.  Seems like it should since it's in the config guide 

config guide : https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-sd-wan/prisma-sd-wan-admin/prisma-sd-wan-sites-and-d...

Text referring to scope for secondary IPs  : "Each secondary IP can have its own scope configured."

Response from TAC:

This notification is automatically generated.

Please do not remove the reference number from the subject line. 

A new comment was created on your recent case ...

During testing I was unable to get the server running with a secondary scope/pool in any version, including what was working for you previously. Today I've received confirmation from engineering that this is not a supported design. Prisma SDWAN only supports having the DHCP server run on the primary IP of an interface.
Please let me know if you have any further questions/concerns or if we are clear to close the case.
Regards,

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!