API Calls override password

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

API Calls override password

L0 Member

Hi,

I have a network template contains information for SNMP and SNMP trap configuration. This network template is associated with multiple template-stack with appliances assigned to them. I created a PowerShell script which grabs the SNMP and SNMP trap configuration from the network template using XML API calls, modifies the username information in the XML and push the changes as override onto the template-stack. All API calls are successfully finishes, however when I check the configuration, I can see that not only the username, but the authentication password field also changed. When I do the same using GUI, the password does not change. I used XML API Browser and the Debug console to identify the xpaths and elements I need to use to do the API calls and as I said, the calls are finishing successfully, but more field changes than I expect. Is anyone experienced similar issues?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi @sanmakai, I have not tried what you described before, but my guess would be that this is because the passwords are likely not stored in plaintext, so you may see a difference in hashing. Instead of pushing back all of the XML you retrieve, could you skip the password element maybe?

Help the community: "Like" helpful comments, and click "Accept as Solution" if you found your answer 🙂
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!