Find where is the address in Active/Active config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Find where is the address in Active/Active config

L1 Bithead

I would like to automate a failover on a couple of Linux servers that use keepalived and I need to find where is my floating IP using API or scriptable things.

I have read something on my PA700 API page, but I cannot find something describing where is a specific floating IP

Has anyone found a way to found it?

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Here's an example PAN-OS XML API call to get all the floating addresses:

https://{{host}}/api?key={{key}}&type=config&action=show&xpath=/config/devices/entry[@name='localhost.localdomain']/deviceconfig/high-availability/group/mode/active-active/virtual-address

If you want a specific interface's floating address, try something like this, where interface-name might be ethernet1/1 for example:

https://{{host}}/api?key={{key}}&type=config&action=show&xpath=/config/devices/entry[@name='localhost.localdomain']/deviceconfig/high-availability/group/mode/active-active/virtual-address/entry[@name='{{interface-name}}']/ip

It will look like this:

<response status="success">
    <result>
        <ip>
            <entry name="192.168.55.50">
                <floating>
                    <device-priority>
                        <failover-on-link-down>yes</failover-on-link-down>
                    </device-priority>
                    <bind-to-active-primary>no</bind-to-active-primary>
                </floating>
            </entry>
        </ip>
    </result>
</response>
Help the community: "Like" helpful comments, and click "Accept as Solution" if you found your answer 🙂

HI @JimmyHolland 

thanks for sharing the API path for active-active configuration

we did several tests getting the configuration from different PA and different interface, but we can see just the configuration of our interface.

When we shut down one of our Firewalls, searching on the different APIs, I could not find any information about where the floating IP is at that moment.

I was able to track down who owns the individual interface and who is the master, but nothing about where the floating IP is.

Sorry @RobertoLio, I misunderstood the question. I'll take a look at this and see if I can find a solution.

Help the community: "Like" helpful comments, and click "Accept as Solution" if you found your answer 🙂

Thanks @JimmyHolland !

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!