Computers do not receive the new update cortex 7.6.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Computers do not receive the new update cortex 7.6.0

L2 Linker
Hello, everyone,
I have 500 computers in the company, every time a new version is released to TRAPS some computers do not receive the update. (About 40 computers). I'm trying to upgrade to the new version of the cortex management interface. But still, the computers don't get the update.
It would be great if you can help me.
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

@Shmuel When you say "...500 computers..." is it possible you have OVER 500
I will note that I was informed a while back (perhaps 2 or so months ago) from a Palo Alto Cortex Support engineer, that I found that even though we have the Automatic update to the latest supported version applied the Agent Profiles, every time I find that we only have ~500 endpoints upgraded immediately.

He informed me that is correct, when a release is done, only 500 Endpoints are updated.
Then, a week later, another batch of 500 are identified and upgraded.
AFAIK, this is the MAX that can be done (and time frame) without you MANUALLY selecting and upgrading the remaining.

I would ask anyone else here to correct or further refine what I have here to ensure its correctly stated.

L3 Networker

Hi Shmuel, 

Thats correct. We have upgrade limit and its max 500. 

Could you check below setting and increase batch number to 500?

Configurations > General > Agent Configuration > Agent Upgrade

Also please check one of the machine logs under 

C:\ProgramData\Cyvera\Logs\trapsd.log and upgrade-2021-*.log

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/cortex-xdr-pro-admin/endpoint-security/customiza...

Hi @KRisselada 

This is correct. Since Cortex XDR 3.0/7.5, only up to 500 agents are update the first week. After that, it follows the normal auto-upgrade rollout. 

L2 Linker
Hello everyone,
Thank you very much. Now I understand why some computers didn't get the new update.
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!