XDR flags Chrome as malware on ubuntu endpoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XDR flags Chrome as malware on ubuntu endpoint

L2 Linker

Hi folks, got a problem that i would like som input on.

I have an ubuntu endpoint with a xdr agent installed. said agent has given me a high severity alert about several items on this ubuntu endpoint - Kite(which, seeing how kite can install itself autonomously, i understand why the XDR would flag it), systemd and chrome.

Now here's what i dont understand -  why would the XDR flag systemd? about chrome - the hash dosent appear on malware hash lookup services like talos and such, so im somewhat stumped.

Any Ideas on how I can verify it's a false positive or not?

thanks

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi @Daniel_Itenberg this appears to be a bug with Cortex XDR. Can you please raise a support ticket with the agent support file to identify and remediate any systemic fixes with the agent?

I assume these are flagged by WildFire as malware? If so, please raise a Verdict Change Request in the XDR console for a faster remediation.

Say, you have confirmed that the binary of Google Chrome is benign, navigate to the incident in concern, click on "Key Assets and Artifacts", and click on the small icon that takes you to WildFire Analysis report.

bbarmanroy_4-1647857480355.png

Then click on "Report Verdict as Incorrect" for requesting a verdict change for the Google Chrome binary.

bbarmanroy_2-1647857438624.png

Hope this helps!

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!