Drop and Update but NOT Create (Pre-Processing)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Drop and Update but NOT Create (Pre-Processing)

L0 Member

Hi,

I am trying to write some preprocessing rules to report on and update BitSight incidents. I only want to create incidents that have a grade of 'BAD' or 'WARN'. I do want to capture, however, when a given incident's grade is updated within BitSight to 'GOOD', because that will let me know the issue is resolved. I wrote my pre-processing rules in the following order:

1. Drop and Update incidents with the same rolled up id

2. Drop incidents that do not affect the BitSight rating

3. Drop incidents that are not BAD/WARN

My thought process was that, if an incident already exists in Xsoar, and it's grade is updated in BitSight, I want to capture the new grade in the Xsoar incident when the integration fetches it. If it does not exits Xsoar, then I only want to create incidents that affect our score and have a poor grade. The "Drop and Update" function, however, will create an incident if the criteria is not met (unlike the "Drop" function, which just skips to the next rule). Is there a way to do a "Drop and Update" in the pre-processing step without having it create an incident if the criteria isn't met?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

@AFamera,

Drop and Update by design creates an incident from the incoming event if the comparison criteria with the existing incident is not met. 

For a complex logic like this, I would recommend using a script to cover all the options. You can take a look at some out of the box sample scripts by navigating to Automations and searching for tags: preProcessing. Please note that pre-processing script should always return True (if the incident will be created based on matching criteria) or False (if the incident will be dropped).
From within the script, you can access your incoming event details to create your logic and make the decision and also update your existing incidents (Bitsight grade changes).

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!