cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Emailaskuser - detail information response mail

L1 Bithead

Hello,

Emailaskuser automation is used to receive confirmation mail.

Here, we need to know who is returning the mail (from) in a fast and performant way.

do not want to search the mailbox, we cannot see the data of the return mail.

Is there an easy way?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

L2 Linker

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do. Could you post a screenshot and/or War Room output for your playbook task in question? Or perhaps some pseudo-code of what you would like to happen?

L1 Bithead

KeremGunal_0-1723821013556.png

I use emailaskuser automation.

I use the buttons to get a confirmation.(Yes/No)
Let's say there's a mailing group that I'm mailing to.

I would like to see it in context, let's say employee1@hotmail.com(in this mailing group.), whoever responded to me via e-mail from here.

KeremGunal_1-1723821110965.png

L2 Linker

Based on the Help Center docs, it looks like all responses to a communication task are recorded in the incident context data.
(Expand the "Create a data collection task" and see the second paragraph here https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XSOAR/8/Cortex-XSOAR-Cloud-Documentation/Create-a-...

I would create a simple playbook and give it a test run emailing yourself first to see what the context data looks like based on your response to the Email Ask User task. After you know what your context data will look like, you'll probably have enough information to create either a conditional task, or your next automation task.

Since you are sending the email to a group or distribution list, rather than multiple individual addresses, I'm not sure how XSOAR will handle multiple responses. Also, since there is going to be a delay between any two people's responses, you will need to be very specific on how you create the conditional "wait" task after your EmailAskUser task. See here for an example and details https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/reference/scripts/email-ask-user.

L1 Bithead

I use EmailAskUserResponse for the return response and I get the return successfully.
but there is no approval in this code.
For this reason, I edited the code and got the incoming data directly.

setContext('restotal', res);

a lot of data came but still no from address.

L2 Linker

I put together a quick playbook with a few different question types to see how the responses are formed.

What data did you get back? When I tested this, the "Questions.Answers.name" key came back with the email address that I used in the "To:" field.

AskUserResponse1.png

If that is the same for you, then I believe you are running into a limitation of the Email Ask User task and expecting multiple responses from a group mailbox/single email address.

In that case you will need to send the email to each user you want to collect a response from to collect their specific responses. Try using a comma separated list of addresses in the To: line and have multiple people respond.

L2 Linker

Or, you could just add a Short Text question to the list of questions and ask the user to put in their email address.
Sometimes simple solutions are better.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!