Incident Layout dynamic section as input

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Incident Layout dynamic section as input

L0 Member

Hello!
I would like to ask you how to implement a way to define the input values on the Incident Layout.

For example, I would need it in a case where I have a sub playbook and I want to give a value to one of its mandatory arguments without having to navigate to the playbook view (work plan).

So the specific question is how to implement task input field on incident layout? How can I give values to the input arguments in the Layout tab? Thinking further, if a textbox could be created on the layout interface and the values entered in this box would be the input field data that would be perfect. My best guess is that this may be implemented with an dynamic section.

It would also be great if you could create a variable value in the Context Data in the Layout interface and then give it to the playbook input argument.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hello,

In the case of incident layouts, you can create a custom field and select it when wanting to display it. I recommend watching this video on all the options you have to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze_SI6axXj0&list=PLD6FJ8WNiIqUVEA2e5LZhmqNnwFcFhDTZ&index=5

Hi!
I have seen that my suggestion is approximately well solved by asking the parsers to enter the variable values in a button, but I am looking for a solution to edit a text box like window, edit pre-printed variable values in the textbox and so on.

So is there another way to create context data besides editing a button?
and I would have to assemble an input field from several sources (for example, for a button that asks for an argument), by clicking here and there. Now the button data input brings up an exclusion window from which I can't click and edit at the same time.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!