flow_predict_convert_rtp_drop

Announcements

ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.

Highlighted

flow_predict_convert_rtp_drop

We have recently installed a Polycom RPAD device in DMZ. However, H323 calls coming from certain mobile networks (3G, 4G) dont seem to work. From the logs we can see that the signalling establishes the call but media never reaches the RPAD. Further digging into the problem, we did packet captures and can see that the firewall is dropping the RTP stream even though this is allowed by the policies. The dropped traffic is not shown on the GUI/Monitoring page.

While checking Global Counters I can see below error:

(active)> show counter global filter delta yes packet-filter yes severity drop

Global counters:

Elapsed time since last sampling: 6.947 seconds

name                                   value     rate severity  category  aspect    description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flow_predict_convert_rtp_drop           1013      145 drop      flow      pktproc   Packets matching rtp/rtcp predicts of sip are dropped due to waiting for predicts merging.

flow_fpga_ingress_exception_err            9        1 drop      flow      offload   Packets dropped: receive ingress exception error from offload processor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total counters shown: 2

Any help would be apprecited as this is delaying our Migrations.

Regrdas,

Ashutosh Dwivedi

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Hello,

Thank you for posting. For non-coureware/exams or technical questions, please contact the Support team for assistance.

James

Additional Contact Information

Please refer to the following contacts for general support related inquiries.

Request Contact Us

Education

I need general information and an overview of Education programs offered by Palo Alto Networks, such as course descriptions and datasheets.

Community page

Learning Center

I have a question about using the Palo Alto Networks Learning Center.

EDU-Learning

Instructor-Led

I have a question about instructor-led training or an Authorized Training Center (ATC).

ATC-Program

Onsite Training

I have a question about an onsite class at my location.

EDU-Scheduling

Certification

I have a question about Palo Alto Networks Certification exams.

Certification

Academy

I have a question about Palo Alto Networks Cyber Security Academy.

Academy