4.1.5 and 4.1.7 Upgrades (Including hotfix 2)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

4.1.5 and 4.1.7 Upgrades (Including hotfix 2)

L0 Member

So, I recently ran into an issue and I wanted to try to see if I could get some feedback from users to see if anyone else had something similar happen to them.

We recently ran into an issue where our active firewall tanked and transferred responsibility to it's peer.  Everything was working as it should, so i contact support to check what the issue could have been.  After looking at the tech support files, they discovered that it's a memory leak issue in the 4.1.5 release and that we should upgrade to 4.1.7 because apparently it fixes "hundreds of memory leak issues".  So, we upgraded and everything was working fine...for about 2 hours.  I tried accessing the CLI and GUI of the active firewall but I was unable to.  However, the passive was working fine AND the data plane on the active was still working as well.  After doing a tac-login with a challenge/response for the tech to have root access the my box, he was able to restart the authd service because there's yet another race condition issue with 4.1.7 where there are lots of log queries happening at the same time which causes the authd service to fail.  This is were the h2 or hotfix 2 comes in and fixes the issue.

Is it me, or is it every time that palo alto releases a new code version that they break something in the previous release that was once working?  I've been dealing with this exact scenario since 4.0.x days, and frankly, it's getting annoying having to upgrade our firewalls every 6 weeks when they release a new code.

-E

16 REPLIES 16

Is your device registered under your account ?

yep

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!