ansible code for panos_static_route no error in playbook but still not reflected in panorama FW

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

ansible code for panos_static_route no error in playbook but still not reflected in panorama FW

L0 Member

Hello I am trying to automate the static routing of Panorama FW using Ansible there's no error in the playbook but the static route data is still not reflected in the Panorama FW URL. Hope someone can help me

---
- name: define static route
  vars:
    device:
      ip_address:
      username:
      password
  paloaltonetworks.panos.panos_static_route:
    provider: '{{ device }}'
    state: 'gathered'
    gathered_filter: '*'
    virtual_router: "default"
    destination: "11.0.0.0/24"
    nexthop: "192.168.1.1"
    interface: "ethernet1/1"
    template: "TEST"
1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RIson,

Do you have pan-python and pandevice installed on the host? Past that you aren't inputting what I would say is needed, but I'm no Ansible expert. Your missing 'name' as an example for the entry name, which as far as I recall is absolutely required for this to function properly. You have the required template specification for Panorama, but you still need to specify the name of the entry. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!