CLI Aggregate Subinterface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CLI Aggregate Subinterface

L4 Transporter

Hello -

What is the command to edit the virtual system of a Aggregate subinterface via CLI?

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @RobertShawver

Could you try this: set network virtual-router [vr name] interface [ae number] ?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Thank you for the quick reply! 

However, that adds the Interface to the virtual router itself.  Same as if I went to Network > Virtual Routers > [vr name] interface > and added the [ae number].

I'm looking for the CLI equivalent to Network > Interfaces > [aex.xxx] > virtual system > [virtual system name]

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @RobertShawver

before I replied to you, I have tested this. By issuing this: "set network virtual-router [vr name] interface [number]" the interface was added to both virtual router as well as directly to interface under: Network > Interfaces > [interface name] > Virtual Router. Is your experience different?

By using: "find command keyword" CLI feature I was not able to find any other way to add interface to: Virtual Router.

Kind Regards

Pavel 

Hello.  I appreciate the help!

I don't know if I am making myself understood correctly.  You keep talking about the Virtual Router.  I am talking about the Virtual System (see highlighted in my photo from first post).  I am looking to change the Virtual System of the subinterface. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Your post is clear. I made a mistake. For vsys, could you check this: set vsys [vsys number] import network interface [Interface name] ?

Kind Regards

Pavel 

No worries, I hope I didn't come off rude or ungrateful.  That certainly wasn't my intent.

01fw(active)# set vsys vsys4 import network interface 

[ Start a list of values.
ae1 layer3-aggregate ae1
ae2 layer3-aggregate ae2
ae3 layer3-aggregate ae3
loopback loopback loopback
sdwan sdwan sdwan
tunnel tunnel tunnel
vlan vlan vlan
<value> member value

01fw(active)# set vsys vsys4 import network interface ae3.600

Server error : interface 'ae3.600' is already in use

I actually don't think there is a way.  When you create the subinterface, there is nothing in there that indicates you can change the virtual system.

set network interface aggregate-ethernet ae3 layer3 units ae3.600 tag 600 comment 10.10.10.1/24 interface-management-profile "MGT Profile" ip fqnd-ip

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

no worries, it was not rude at all 🙂

I do not have a lab device with vsys license, however I tried to reproduce it in Panorama by creating a Template for multi vsys system. I did not manage to make this change in CLI, but after I placed a sub-interface in different vsys, I could see this change in CLI: "vsys vsys3 import network interface ethernet1/1.10". 

Kind Regards

Pavel

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!