Commands to edit BGP AS Number from CLI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Commands to edit BGP AS Number from CLI

L0 Member

How can I edit the AS number on a PA firewall from the CLI?

i need to change it in a production environment without access to the webUI

in the gui this would be | Network tab | Virtual Router | Select VR name "MPLS in my case" | BGP tab | and change the AS Number.

also, normally I configure this from Panorama but will only have access to the console as this is a remote office and i am coming in through out-of-band.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

It will be in configure mode:

> configure
# set network virtual-router MPLS protocol bgp local-as ?
<value>  32-bit value in decimal or dot decimal AS.AS format

You can always search for commands (though "as" would be too broad) using the "find command keyword" command. You'll get different results in standard operational mode ("op mode") than you will in configure mode.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!