Configuring the Proxy-ID for phase 2 IPSec using PAN 6 CLI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Configuring the Proxy-ID for phase 2 IPSec using PAN 6 CLI

L3 Networker

there's this great example below for setting up an IPSec tunnel using the CLI. BUT it's missing how to add in the proxy IDs.

I have some clues that it's like..

set network tunnel ipsec IPSEC-Tuna-TUNNEL proxy-id tuna1 protocol any Local xxxx Remote yyyy

..but I'm just guessing. Can anyone supply me with the real mojo - perhaps from a cleaned working example?  TY

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/How-to-Configure-an-IPSEC-VPN-with-Route...

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

performing my favorite trick of configuring in the GUI, then checking the config in the CLI in set mode, it looks like the following to me:

set network tunnel ipsec XXX auto-key proxy-id YYY protocol any
set network tunnel ipsec XXX auto-key proxy-id YYY local ZZZ/Z
set network tunnel ipsec XXX auto-key proxy-id YYY remote ZZZ/Z

but it looks like it can all be combined in a single line like you expressed.

set network tunnel ipsec XXX auto-key proxy-id YYY protocol any local ZZZ/Z remote ZZZ/Z

--
CCNA Security, PCNSE7

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

performing my favorite trick of configuring in the GUI, then checking the config in the CLI in set mode, it looks like the following to me:

set network tunnel ipsec XXX auto-key proxy-id YYY protocol any
set network tunnel ipsec XXX auto-key proxy-id YYY local ZZZ/Z
set network tunnel ipsec XXX auto-key proxy-id YYY remote ZZZ/Z

but it looks like it can all be combined in a single line like you expressed.

set network tunnel ipsec XXX auto-key proxy-id YYY protocol any local ZZZ/Z remote ZZZ/Z

--
CCNA Security, PCNSE7

That's a big help. Thanks. Say - do you know what the auto-key term in the middle is about?

Sorry for intrusion:

Capture.PNG

So better to keep it on auto.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!