GlobalProtect - suppress the downgrade/upgrade prompt?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect - suppress the downgrade/upgrade prompt?

I noticed end-users will get a prompt to upgrade/downgrade their client, depending on whether the Activated version is lower or higher than their installed version.

Is there a way to suppress and turn that off? It would IT controlled deployment upgrades more smoother and less confusing to end-users. 

Is this the setting here? 

2018-11-05_9-23-39.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

@BeKindPleaseRewind

Yes it is this setting. If you configure it to "disallow" then the users no longer see any upgrade/downgrade notifications.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

@BeKindPleaseRewind

Yes it is this setting. If you configure it to "disallow" then the users no longer see any upgrade/downgrade notifications.

This helpded me too.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

I tried it but I'm not sure it's working.

My Firewall is at version 4.1.2, and I installed the client version 4.1.6 and when connected I get this message:

2018-11-05 20_16_18-GlobalProtect Update.png

@BeKindPleaseRewind

What do you have configured as config refresh timeout? And did you simply reconnect again? Maybe this is only the cached setting before you did the portal config change?

Actually I did not use the Commit button after this change - am new to this system and thought the changes were live/applied after hitting "OK" on all the popups. 

I'm testing later to see if that fixed the prompt for downgrade/upgrade. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!