Manipulating application groups from command line

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Manipulating application groups from command line

L4 Transporter

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to replace the contents of an application group from the command line please?

Our application groups change frequently so I would prefer to use command line over slow gui

The following command will add the listed applications to "myappgroup" but what I really want is to replace what is currently in the group with these new values.

set application-group "myappgroup" [ rtsp rtmpt bbc-iplayer rtmp livestation sky-player youtube ]

If there was a way of removing all applications from the application group then I could run this first - but I can't find a way of doing this. Smiley Sad

I can't delete the application group and recreate it as it is referenced in my policy.

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks,

Dave

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

show application-group <group-name>

will show all the applications inside of square brackets.

you should be able to use the delete command to specify multiple applications at a time. I would suggest

delete application-group <group-name> <cut-and-paste-list-of-applications-from-the-show-command>

-Benjamin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

This is easy to do:

delete application-group <group-name> <application-name>

verify with the show command

then commit your changes.

-Benjamin

Thanks Benjamin,

The command you specified will remove a specific application from an application group, but what I was hoping to do was remove all applications from an application-group without having to specify each application invididually.

Sort of like:  delete application-group <group-name> all

...but that doesn't work.

Do you know if there a wildcard that can be used in these commands please or another way of achieving this?

Thanks,

Dave

will show all the applications inside of square brackets.

you should be able to use the delete command to specify multiple applications at a time. I would suggest

delete application-group <group-name> <cut-and-paste-list-of-applications-from-the-show-command>

-Benjamin

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!