PANOS 4.0.2 - User Management for Captive Portal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS 4.0.2 - User Management for Captive Portal

L3 Networker

Hi

I'm now running PANOS 4.0.2 on both Panormara and 4050s. I have some local user accounts setup on the 4050s to authenticate some Captive Portal users for specific services. I was under the impression that this would be more integrated into Panorama with the 4.0.x release. But I can't see what I can do that is better. I thought it meant I may be able to create the user account information on the Panorama then push it, or create the information on only one PA4050 that would then sync the information to the other PA4050. Could someone explain what I can do differently that I couldn't do in 3.x

many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi

Maybe I didn't phrase my query very well!!

I'm trying to understand how I can easily manage user groups/accounts that are used to authenticate people via captive portal. I am running Panorama and 2x 4500s that are running the same policy. All are running with PANOS 4.0.2. Is there anyway I can create and manage the groups/users on Panorama and push the information to the 4050s or do I have to add all the information in locally on both the 4050s?

Many thanks

Most people doing captive portal would generally have it tied in to LDAP or RADIUS (or in 4.x, Kerberos directly to Active Directory)...  I haven't used Panorama, but I'd think that you would be able to configure both units with it to use the same group source and go from there?

Unless your issue is that you don't have LDAP/RADIUS available, period, hence you are trying to use system-local users and groups for the portal?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!