Unresponsive support @clico

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unresponsive support @clico

L0 Member

Hello,

We've got an issue with a PA3250 and the thing is that support went silent on us. They were supposed to provide us with an answer before 14.12.2022 and we haven't heard from them. Calling them doesn't work, as they don't pick up their phones. What's going on? How can we address this?

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @silviub ,

I'd check with PAN sales - see if there's a way to improve or change your ASC response rate.

Is there anything the LIVEcommunity can help you with technically in the meantime ? A lot of smart people are right here on the forum.  You might want to consider posting your technical questions here.

Kind regards,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L0 Member

Hello,

I have checked with them, but it's not the support level we got, it's just that the company that should support our product is not really responsive.

As for my issue:
We have a PA3250 with 10.2.2 (updated it 2 hours ago to 10.2.3) that keeps throwing: 

12/07/2022 19:42 The dataplane is restarting.
12/07/2022 19:42 internal_monitor: Exited 1 times, must be manually recovered.
12/07/2022 19:42 dp0-path_monitor: Exited 1 times, must be manually recovered.
12/07/2022 19:42 dp0-path_monitor: exiting because service missed too many heartbeats
12/07/2022 19:42 Internal packet path monitoring failure, restarting dataplane
  (LACP And BGP goes down here)
12/07/2022 19:41 9: dp0-path_monitor HB failures seen, triggering HA DP down

I have searched everywhere for a solution. I've seen this page: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u000000HCcXCAW&lang=en_US%E2%80%A...

Unfortunately, when I run 

debug dataplane internal pdt bcm show port status

My output is missing a port 😄 

xe7(  7)  !ena   10G  FD   SW  No   Disable  TX RX   None    D    XFI  1856
       xe8(  😎  up     10G  FD   SW  Yes  Disable  TX RX   None    D     KR 16360
      xe10( 10)  up     10G  FD   SW  No   Disable  TX RX   None    D    XFI  1856
      xe11( 11)  !ena   10G  FD   SW  No   Disable  TX RX   None    D    XFI  1856
      xe12( 12)  !ena   10G  FD   SW  No   Disable  TX RX   None    D    SFI 16360

Last TAC response was "we suspect a hardware issue, please provide us with the latest tech file and we'll provide a definitive answer in two business days". This was on Friday. Two business days would be Tuesday, so.... 

Through the depths of reddit (if I remember it right), there was another guy with this issue and it got so bad that the unit finally entered into a reboot loop. I'm getting the "same" behavior, in the sense that initially the equipment started to shoot this error maybe once a month, and it's now happening every 2 weeks.

Obviously, any input is appreciated. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!