How to install GlobalProtect without user intervention? PowerShell script with elevated rights.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to install GlobalProtect without user intervention? PowerShell script with elevated rights.

L0 Member

I'm looking for some enlightenment, I'm aware that I can run either of the following PowerShell scripts to remove the application:

> msiexec /uninstall %userprofile%\Downloads\GlobalProtect64.msi /qn
> msiexec /uninstall %userprofile%\Downloads\GlobalProtect64.msi /quiet

However - Because Microsoft Store is disabled through a policy, what PowerShell script can I run to install the application. The reason behind the question is I believe the local installation has corrupted itself.

Regards

Branko 

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Branko 

Assuming that you really just need to input the portal address so that the user doesn't need to type it after the install has finished, you can use the following:

msiexec.exe /i GlobalProtect.msi /quiet PORTAL=”portal.acme.com”

L0 Member

Thank you for the information, I've altered the portal information to reflect our settings but it still fails to install the application. Let me try tomorrow as it's been a long day today.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!