Compatible Version parameter in Defender API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Compatible Version parameter in Defender API

L0 Member

Hello everyone,

So, I am working on some automation using Prisma Cloud API for Compute. I am using the API to get the list of deployed defenders.

I am able to see a parameter in the JSON response that is "compatibleVersion". I wanted to know how this is being calculated. What parameters are we checking and what does it mean?

API Details: https://pan.dev/prisma-cloud/api/cwpp/get-defenders/

Adding schema example below.

api_doc.jpg

Let me know if any details are required from my side, would be happy to explain further. 

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

If the defender version falls inside N-2 of the console version then the defender will be able to communicate with the console. compatibleVersion would report true

If the defender version is outside of N-2 then the defender would not be able to communicate with the console. 

compatibleVersion would report false requiring you to update this defender before it can communicate with the console again.

Referring to the screenshot, I deployed a 22_01_890 onebox console with a 22_01_890 container defender on a second host. Updated the console several times to 22_01_890, 22_06_234, and 22_12_415. 

As soon as the console was upgraded to 22_12_415, the 22_01_890 container defender reported false for compatibleVersion 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!