Get config diff for single user from CLI/API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Get config diff for single user from CLI/API

L1 Bithead

Is it possible to get a config diff for a single user from the CLI or XML API, the way you can through the GUI by selecting "Commit Changes Made By: user" and "Preview Changes"?

Running 'show config diff' from the CLI shows me the diff between the running config and candidate config for all users but I don't see any way to filter that for a single user. Running 'show config list changes' gives me a user and summary but not the actual diff of the change.

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

If I ask the GUI to show a config diff, I see that it sends an op command that is queued, then when the job finishes, the XML response has a filepath param.  This is making me think that you could script the retrieval of the config diff as HTML, but otherwise the config diff might not accessible via API..

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!