Getting the PAN XML API to work using rsyslog instead of Kiwi...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Getting the PAN XML API to work using rsyslog instead of Kiwi...

Not applicable

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever got the PAN ID XML API to work with rsyslog?

I am trying to parse my VPN Concentrator Logs (which are sent to my rsyslog server) and see if I can run it through the API module which will then send the data over to the PAN UserID Agent.

I am writing a simple perl script to scrape sample VPN log data first and then port that over using the API to the UserID Agent.

I am also curious on how to have this script generate as a scripted action for every log match so that it will consistantly update the PAN UserID Agent.

Any help or ideas that you guys can provide would be awesome.

Thanks.

Brian

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Hi

sorry about this late answer, but you can write a perl script that tail the syslog file.

inside your perl script you use a regex to parse each line.

with this method, all syslog server can be used.

but it's better if your syslog server is able to execute a script based on a regex (if the log match the regex, the syslog server execute the perl script).

regards

Christophe

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!