Cortex Change managing server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex Change managing server

L1 Bithead

Hi Team,

I'm seeing the different tenant address in Cortex xdr agent console it is connecting to another management server,

Could someone please help me to replace the correct managing server name, 

Because currently that agent is not reporting to Cortex console but I can take remote of the machine where agent is installed 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PankajThakre as indicated in your screenshot, the endpoints are able to connect to a XDR tenant, but not the one you have access to. 
1. Is the tenant the endpoint is currently connecting to a test/trial environment that you had access to? That's the one you have grayed out in your screenshot.

2. Do you have access to the tenant? You can reach out to your PANW account representative to know details about it. Since the endpoints are already connected to a tenant, it should still be active and the process to migrating endpoints from that tenant to the one you currently have access to should follow the steps that I have mentioned in the list I have mentioned in earlier post. Your account representative should be able to help you facilitate access to the trial/test tenant, or identify other employees in your organization who still have access to the Support Portal or Cortex Gateway to perform the migration action.

3. If you've already explored point 2, talk to your account rep or Customer Success/Professional Services POC or via Support Portal to help you obtain a XDR Cleaner. With XDR Cleaner, you'll be able to uninstall the agent on the endpoints and then perform a fresh installation with an installer obtained from the tenant that you have access to. This is a last resort and should be explored only after you've exhausted option 2.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hi @PankajThakre you can change managing servers from the Cortex Management console. 

Please follow the steps in sequence as specified in the documentation here for you to be able to migrate the managing server from the existing one to the one intended for your fleet. Please note that you need to have an administrator role as specified in Step3-substep2.

Hi @bbarmanroy : That agent is not reporting to any console, but I can take remote of that system, hence we are struggling 

Hi @PankajThakre as indicated in your screenshot, the endpoints are able to connect to a XDR tenant, but not the one you have access to. 
1. Is the tenant the endpoint is currently connecting to a test/trial environment that you had access to? That's the one you have grayed out in your screenshot.

2. Do you have access to the tenant? You can reach out to your PANW account representative to know details about it. Since the endpoints are already connected to a tenant, it should still be active and the process to migrating endpoints from that tenant to the one you currently have access to should follow the steps that I have mentioned in the list I have mentioned in earlier post. Your account representative should be able to help you facilitate access to the trial/test tenant, or identify other employees in your organization who still have access to the Support Portal or Cortex Gateway to perform the migration action.

3. If you've already explored point 2, talk to your account rep or Customer Success/Professional Services POC or via Support Portal to help you obtain a XDR Cleaner. With XDR Cleaner, you'll be able to uninstall the agent on the endpoints and then perform a fresh installation with an installer obtained from the tenant that you have access to. This is a last resort and should be explored only after you've exhausted option 2.

L1 Bithead

@bbarmanroy : Let me open the case with customer support, as we don't have access to that tenant. 

Thanks for your suggestion 🙂 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!