Cherwell Fetch Incident fails

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cherwell Fetch Incident fails

L3 Networker

Hello

We use Demisto Version 6.2.0, Build 1271082

If I configure a Cherwell Instance to fetch incident but It fails with the following Error:

Spoiler
Failed to get samples from instance
Error details
Script failed to run: 
Error: [Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1017, in <module>
 Exception: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'NoneType'
] (2604) (2603)

This error pops up in the Cherwell Instance and in Incidents Classification Editor

How do I solve it?

thanks

roger

8 REPLIES 8

L2 Linker

Are you using Cherwell Onprem or Cloud?

We use onprem 

As per our doc guide - we officially support and tested with the Cloud SaaS Version:

https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/reference/integrations/cherwell

I am aware that for on-prem Cherwell, Authentication fails. We came up with a local Integration patch.

Apart from that, everything else with the integration appears to work fine. 

Quick fix is you can clone the integration, and make the following changes:

def request_new_access_token(using_refresh):
  #PATCH for on-premise
  url = BASE_URL + "token?auth_mode=Windows"
  #url = BASE_URL + "token"

Vendor docs here:

https://help.cherwell.com/bundle/cherwell_rest_api_940_help_only/page/oxy_ex-1/content/system_admini...

We already have internal GIT issue (32068) as feature enhancement for this.

Unfortunately, the customer with this issue didn't raise an AHA request to drive change / improvement to our OOTB content.

I recommend doing this here https://xsoar.ideas.aha.io/ideas/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=Cherwell so other customers can upvote to support On-Premises Cherwell in our standard supported content.

Let us know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Jason

Hello Jason

Thanks for your quick and proper solution. Sadly it doesn't work on my side.

I still get the same error as above.

I've modified line 126, but didn't helped. The Check/Test of the new service was:

Spoiler
Unexpected error: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'NoneType', traceback: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 9133, in <module> File "<string>", line 8840, in test_command File "<string>", line 8629, in fetch_incidents File "<string>", line 8549, in get_all_incidents TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'NoneType' (85)

First of all I've entered all the credentials we use to connect to Cherwell.

Without "Fetch incidents" and did a test: "Success"

Then I've enabled "Fetch Incidents" - Test - Error above in the spoiler.

If switch back to "Do not fetch" I do get a "Success" again.

Thank you

roger

From playground, run fetch and test module in debug mode. This may provide more clarity on what fetch and test failure is doing:

!<instance name>-fetch debug-mode=true 
!<instance name>-test-module debug-mode=true 

ref: https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/reference/articles/troubleshooting-guide

Also on 6.2 you can select debug mode in instance settings (drop list) which saves the debug log to disk in:
/var/log/demisto/integration-instance.log

Also, you may want to check the API directly with POSTMAN or with basic REST Python script.
https://help.cherwell.com/bundle/cherwell_rest_api_940_help_only/page/oxy_ex-1/content/system_admini...

I also assume your were using Windows auth for SSO. There also appears other options like LDAP, SAML, and 'internal' - depending on your on-premise setup. ie. for getting a token successfully appending ?auth_mode=

Hello Jgomes

Here the output of the debug mode:

Spoiler
2021-07-22 08:12:41.0349 debug Running <name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents. Timeout: 5m0s (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/dockercoderunner.go:245)
2021-07-22 08:12:41.0351 debug Sending runner request for script [<name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents] (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/dockercoderunner.go:292)
2021-07-22 08:12:41.0352 debug Waiting for runner request for unnested script [<name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents], with script timeout [5m0s] (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/dockercoderunner.go:326)
2021-07-22 08:12:41.8051 debug Started docker code loop for <name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/dockercoderunner.go:685)
2021-07-22 08:12:51.8543 error Failed to run script: <name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents with image: demisto/python3:3.8.3.8715 [error '

File "<string>", line 1019, in <module>
] (2604)'] (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/runner.go:68)
2021-07-22 08:13:41.0024 debug Running <name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents. Timeout: 5m0s (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/dockercoderunner.go:245)
2021-07-22 08:13:41.0024 debug Sending runner request for script [<name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents] (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/dockercoderunner.go:292)
2021-07-22 08:13:41.0024 debug Waiting for runner request for unnested script [<name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents], with script timeout [5m0s] (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/dockercoderunner.go:326)
2021-07-22 08:13:41.7486 debug Started docker code loop for <name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/dockercoderunner.go:685)
2021-07-22 08:13:50.4965 error Failed to run script: <name>_instance_1_<name>_fetch-incidents with image: demisto/python3:3.8.3.8715 [error '

File "<string>", line 1019, in <module>
] (2604)'] (source: /builds/gopath/src/github.com/demisto/server/services/automation/runner.go:68)

(I've replaced instance name with <name>)

To be precise: I'm able to request Cherwell through API, no problem. Only those fetch incident does not work.

thanks

roger

Debug appear not very useful in this case. I would imagine this still has to do with being on-premise, and our content tested for Cloud Cherwell. Please raise a support ticket and/or raise AHA request for content enhancement - in order to support on-premises version of Cherwell as well. Best of luck going forward.
https://xsoar.ideas.aha.io/ideas/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=Cherwell 

How did you go with your support ticket?

If my posts have helped you resolve your issue, please kindly accept one of the solution answers.

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!