cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

xdr-get-incident command date time dispute

L1 Bithead

Hello everyone,

I have a script that need to get incidents from server. 

incidents = execute_command(
            "xdr-get-incidents",
            {
                "lte_creation_time": last_creation_time.split("+")[0],
                "gte_creation_time": first_creation_time.split("+")[0],
                "page": page,
                "limit": limit,
            },
        )

I have data collection playbook which has date picker task inside it. The date taken through task feeding last_creation_time and first_creation_time variables. In the returned incident list there is dispute between taken data and incident resolved_timestamp. Server returns data in GMT time even i convert the time. For example, I picked 2023-11-13T23:59:00 but its also returning the incident created in 2023-11-14T01:08:00.

My solution is checking resolved_timestamp value with the date which taken through data collection task. But if there is a problem in my script or there is a different solution for this i want to correct.

Cortex XSOAR Cortex XDR 

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hi @ZuleyhaAy 

Since xdr-get-incidents do not have a parameter for specify returning incidents by resolved_timestamp, you will need to apply some type of filter after incidents are returned.

Since you are doing all of this in an automation instead of in a playbook, I think your approach would be the best way to do that.

Once all of incidents are returned by creation date, transform resolved_timestamp (UTC) field into ISO 8601 since that is date picker format, or vice versa, and only return incidents that are relevant. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!