Installation Error of Expedition....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Installation Error of Expedition....

L1 Bithead

I am prompted for root pw, after I key in it. It sucks for around 10min and then return errors... 
May I know how to get around this? 

Setting UP the DB server.

spawn mysql_secure_installation

Securing the MySQL server deployment.

Enter password for user root:
Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Don’t need to enter anything , the script should continue to run after few minutes 

L1 Bithead

No Luck... Yet, I try to set mysql root pw to null, run the setup script again and seems can go through

sudo systemctl stop mysql
sudo mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables&
sudo mysql --user=root mysql

UPDATE mysql.user SET authentication_string=null WHERE User='root';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
exit;

sudo systemctl start mysql

Ads  @lychiang mentions, the script already does the password changes for you. I would recommend restarting the installation process on a clean instance.In your current case, once you  installed the services, they have been set with some settings (such as the credentials to manage them) and the script may not be able to proceed with the next steps if it cannot enter with valid credentials.

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!