Captive Portal - Terms of Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal - Terms of Service

Not applicable

I would like to configure my PA-200 in such a way that when the user tries to browse a web site, he is presented with the captive portal. On this page I would like to display a "Terms of Service" banner telling him about acceptable use etc. I do NOT wish to authenticate individual users.

A simpe banner and an I Accept/Cancel button would suffice. Is there any way to implement this on Palo Alto?

Thanks a lot.

36 REPLIES 36

Hi @_slv_

<pan_form/>
		<div id="desc"></div>
		</div>
		<div id="desc">Some text here</div>

</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

All right. To provide the solution to everyone who is interested, I removed the details of your customized captive portal website. You have to add the following code AFTER the part "<pan_form/>". The text and URL of course you could change for your environment.

<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
    var $input = $("<tr><td colspan='2' align='left'><input type='checkbox' id='terms' name='terms' value='terms' style='width:20px;' required />I accept <a href='URL-TO-TERMS-AND-CONDITIONS-DOCUMENT'>Terms and Conditions</a></td></tr>");
	$('#taLogin table tr').eq(1).after($input);
});
</script>

This will add a checkbox to the loginwebsite on a new line after thebpassword field and login should not be possible without activating the checkbox. This solution probably only works with your version of PAN-OS ( @_slv_ what version do you have installed?), as specially the captive portal website in PAN-OS 8 changed completely, so as this is not a solution out of the box, it needs to be retested after major softwareupdates and may be also slightly adjusted.

Hope it works in your situation as I have only tested this in the browser directly.

Regards,

Remo

L4 Transporter

Hi @Remo

I played a bit with that code but It deosnt'w work for me (I'm not html pro .,...sorry)

As You mentioned - PANOS8 completely changes code od CP logon page. I think that is time to start over with new solution. I'm using my since PANOS5...

I hope that You will find some time to help us - many of us need such feature on CP logon page.

Regards

Slawek

@_slv_could you send me again the captive portal html code that you configured on the firewall? this time not the one shown in your browser.

L4 Transporter

@Remo is on your mailbox

@_slv_do you plan to upgrade to 8.0 soon?

L7 Applicator

@_slv_you know that PAN-OS 5 is end of life since november 13, 2016?

So I will try to make it work on PAN-OS 8 but I think the only way for you is upgrading? (On PAN-OS 5 the required jquery Javascript library is probably too old for my proposed solution)

L4 Transporter

Hi @Remo

Sorry for my english ...

I had on my maind  that my CP web page was created on PANOS5 (if I remember corectly) and wasn't changed until now.

Now I'm using PANOS 8.0.7

• 36 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!