Fragroute Evasion Attack - how to find source process/application?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Fragroute Evasion Attack - how to find source process/application?

L4 Transporter

Hello

Last days one of my computer started generating strange  traffic that is blocked by Thread Prevention (ID35111)

2014-06-17_212432.png

I have access to this computer, but how to find and remove this program that is genrating such traffic?

Regards

Slawek

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Slawek,

You might start by looking at the netstat output for the workstation with the source port 65409

This article will help for a Windows system - See what process is using a TCP port in Windows Server 2008 - TechRepublic

The SysInternals tools from Microsoft can also help - Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

One issue that may arise is that modern malware tends to hide itself from the built in tools that could be used to identify it.

May your efforts be successful.

James

Today I did execption in volnurability profile with pcpap option set.

In Thread log I see:

2014-06-24_212148.png

In Monitor>Packe Capture > Captured files there isn't such file.

How to save this information in .pcap format file?

How can I use this information for sending it for further analysis by other vendors?

With regards

SLawek

Community Team Member

Hi slv,

To save the pcap you should use the 'Export' button provided:

Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 09.11.29.png

In Monitor>Packet Capture > Captured files you will only find PCAP files which you have grabbed using the filters on that same page or via CLI using the 'debug dataplane packet-diag' command.

Kind regards,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L4 Transporter

Hello Kim

oops I guess I was blind!

Thx

Slawek

FYI

This traffic was generated by AmmyAdmin

Unfortunetelly PAN doesnt detect this traffic as should be. AmmyADmin is well known for PAN OS aplication, but not properly detected on 6.0.2.

Case pending for update.

Slawek

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!