GlobalProtect Xauth for iPhone and Android

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Xauth for iPhone and Android

L1 Bithead

We have setup GlobalProtect Portal and Gateway working perfectly with SAML auth on MacBook Pro and Windows laptop.  

The only issue is, GlobalProtect Mobile app is not available in our app stores.  So I'm looking for setting up IPSEC Xauth on PAN so that mobile could connect to IPSEC as well. 

How to set it up?

I've tried to use the current Gateway, but it said authentication failed.   Do I need to setup a different Gateway for mobile devices?  

Is there any successful case i could refer to?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @ZhenGuo 

When you want to use xauth for iPhones, you cannot use SAML authentication. I think you are restricted to local, ldap and radius or certificates. Theoretically it could work with the same gateway as you could configure different authentications for different clients/OSes. But I am not sure if this really works on the same gateway.

A dokument from the paloalto knowledgebase is old, but it still shows the requred steps for an xauth connection from iOS devices. I was not able to find it in the knowledgebase but on google search for: "GlobalProtect Configuration for IPsec Client on Apple iOS Devices"

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!