Pan-agent how to set an agent as primary

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pan-agent how to set an agent as primary

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I installed about pan 12 agents to retrieve a Domain and they all communicate with a PAN.

The PAN OS is 3.1.5

As I saw in another post, only one agent send information (IP/user) to the PAN, it is the primary agent.

My problem: this agent does not send all the information. When the primary agent was the one on the main AD server it was working fine. But since a reboot of this server, the primary agent.

How can I force an agent to be the primary? or why I don't get all the IP/user information ?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

IP/User information should be pushed to the firewall from each agent you have configured.  The primary/secondary change recently related to the DC that the agents pulled user/group mapping from.

If you're not getting IP info from one of your agents, check the following output from the CLI - it should show each configured agent and it's status.

show user pan-agent statistics

Thanks,

But, all of the agents are connected (and status ok) with the command "show user pan-agent statistics".

I also try "debug device-server reset pan-agent all" but it doesn't change anything.

When I execute the command show user ip-user-mapping, a lot of IP address have the second and third column as "Unknown". And only IP of the network of the primary agent have these columns with a value (AD and user).

When we look on one agent in a DC, we have no errors in the "Agent status" field, and we success to get all the mapping IP/user with a "get all" button in "IP to Username information" section.

I got a response from support.

The issue is known as a bug and may be fix in 3.1.7.

To get all agent sending information, we can execute the command: debug software restart device-server

Bye,

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!