Pearson VUE - endless frustration with the most horrible company on Earth!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pearson VUE - endless frustration with the most horrible company on Earth!!

L0 Member

I sat multiple exams from multiple vendors during the last 2 months and one of them was Palo Alto. All of the exams were the so called "online proctored exams" which are served by the super ridiculous OnVUE platform written by script kiddies during a high-school recess. You can login no earlier than 15 mins prior the exam during which you need to download a huge piece of software, upload 6 full-resolution photos from your phone, then do it a second time because it never works from the first time, then pray this happens within 15 minutes from the exam start hour or you are refused access to the platform. And if this is not enough then you get your exam interrupted by their stupid software because SKYPE WAS RUNNING?!? How did this happen when there is a pre-check for running software and everything was validated to be in order by their software and so called proctor? Their software goes fullscreen, you can't Alt+Tab or anything else. Or god forbid your Internet connection is not 100Mbps international peering - their software claims to be disconnected and forces you to restart the validation process (of course after you have uploaded the 6 images). Pearson VUE's support is utterly ridiculous and unreachable not to mention you CANNOT CONTACT THEM if you have technical issues in the minutes prior the exam - there is just no way to call the proctor!

If this is not enough they try to sabotage you in other creative ways as well. They didn't let me sit one of my exams due to a "payment processing error". It took me 2 hours to get to the chat support which tells me your payment hasn't gone through so go to phone support as we can't deal with payments. 1 hour in the queue of phone support (international call to Australia cause they don't work 24/7) which tells me - send an e-mail with the full details and they'll take it from there. In the meantime I see my debit card charged so surprise - no actual payment processing error and waited for a refund for SIX WEEKS from these knuckleheads exchanging over 20 e-mails. I asked them multiple times to provide a replacement 35% discount code as they screwed my up and all they repeat is "try to rebook", "use the old code", "go ask your vendor".

I've kept full documentation of their ridiculous actions included recorded phone calls. If you are still not sure how horrible they are read these reviews:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.pearsonvue.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/PearsonVUE/community/?ref=page_internal

I urge everyone to boycott this ridiculous company until Palo Alto and other vendors give us an alternative (Prometric?). It's just time and money down the drain otherwise.

P.S. I managed to pass all my exams despite Pearson's efforts to introduce as much stress as possible to the certification exam environment.

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

I hate Pearson Vue

L1 Bithead

I had this issue on Friday and BC Teams in background , They jump in to close it and leave the keyboard and mouse controlled by there login and that of course causing mine to run like very slow motion and I can't select anything in time and I have to keep move my mouse util get on top of next to back to do what I need to do , It take me huge amount of time to try to control the mouse 

They suck so bad even proctor don't know what to do , just excuses as  internet speed , and I know it's not internet issue 

Nedriano
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!