Retrieve dynamic routes using rest api

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Retrieve dynamic routes using rest api

Not applicable

Hi,

I'd like to be able to retrieve dynamic route entries (such as RIP) that can be seen using the cli with the command: show routing route .

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Andrei

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hello,

From the device, when running command "show routing route",

We have the flags such as RIP and others.  See below;

flags: A:active, ?:loose, C:connect, H:host, S:static, ~:internal, R:rip, O:ospf, B:bgp,
       Oi:ospf intra-area, Oo:ospf inter-area, O1:ospf ext-type-1, O2:ospf ext-type-2

VIRTUAL ROUTER:  (id 7)
  ==========
destination              nexthop              metric flags      age   interface          next-AS
0.0.0.0/0                10.1.4.1                10 A S              ethernet1/x
1.1.1.0/24               0.0.0.0                 255 A ~
10.1.4.0/24             10.31.4.5                 0 A C              ethernet1/x
10.1.4.5/32             0.0.0.0                   0 A H
10.1.6.0/25             0.0.0.0                  10 A S              tunnel.10

odaos thanks for your reply, viewing my first question I understand that my question was not clear...

What I actually meant is using the rest API.

When I send a config show all request (/restapi.esp?type=config&action=show&key...) I can only view the static routes of each VR.

Is there a rest api url to get the dynamic routes as well?

Thanks

I don't believe this is possible today since the RESTful API allows you to pull the configuration and reports but does not allow you to pull output from commands such as "show routing route".  You can file a feature request with your account team.  There will be more functionality going into the REST API in the future.

Cheers,

Kelly

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!