SSL VPN and other options for client VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL VPN and other options for client VPN

L0 Member

I'm currently using a Watchguard firewall for our remote users to connect and authenticate using built in Windows (and Mac) VPN.

I have a Palo PA-500 in the Dev environment being configured to replace the Watchguard firewall, however we have come across a few problems:

1. Seems to be no support to use the built in VPN client under Windows/Mac

2. If I use the built in Palo SSL-VPN then I'm using up port 443 (SSL) on my one and only public IP address

( I need port 443 for publishing Outlook Anywhere and OWA )

UPDATE: Ok, so I checked with our ISP, seems we can't get another IP address on our external interface.

(only routed from another external subnet).That doesn't help much in this scenario.

Can anyone offer any other options or alternatives?

Is it possible to use another VPN client and setup an IPSEC VPN on the Palo firewall?

Can I use a different port for the built in Palo SSL-VPN Client?

Thanks.

Matt.

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Mac support is coming. Just keep an eye out.

I ended up have to use a new IP address, and configure a loopback interface on the device for the SSL VPN. I ran into a problem where port 80/443 would not respond when I was sharing an IP address with the SSL VPN and the firewall interface.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!