Top Talker Report

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Top Talker Report

L4 Transporter

Hi all, I am trying to produce a scheduled Top Talkers report and while I can get one working it's very rough and doesn't show much, so I wondered if anyone had done this and come up with something better?

The problem is if I include source and destination in the report, even if I group by source address, it treats each source/destination pair separately, so I just see the top N conversations rather than what I would call the top talkers.

What I was hoping to produce is a report where the top talker is defined as the address who generates the most traffic and then for that address, display the top N destinations (conversations), then repeat for the second biggest talker and so on.

My way a big torrenter would show up at the top of the report but with relatively small conversations to destinations.  At the moment because each conversation is small, the user doesn't even appear on the report.

The way I have made it work is to omit the destination so I just see traffic based on top source address.  I don't get any detail about where they are talking to but I do at least see who is passing the most traffic.

Any ideas most welcome.

8 REPLIES 8

L6 Presenter

Hi Djr,

Please provide snap shot for existing report query.

Something like this is possible through ACC reports, where you can specify duration. Then select application and now you can see source which is utilizing maximum of the application.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L5 Sessionator

Hi Djr,

I would start by ACC 1st. Here you can see top sources based on bytes or session. You can choose bytes and click on Top sources, once you do that, it will give you top destination it is talking to. You can pull these report to traffic logs and export it in CSV format. I don't think scheduled report will give you what you are trying to achieve. Hope this helps. Thank you.

L6 Presenter

HI DJr,

Refer bellow two snapshot for ACC related reporting. You can trick parameters based on requirement to get desired reports.

ACC1.png

ACC2.png

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L4 Transporter

Hi, thanks for replying but it is not related to my question.  I am asking about Custom reports, not the ACC interactive displays

Hi Djr,

Like discussed in my previous comment, this feature is not available on Custom report yet. ACC is the tool that can give you the visibility for source and destination pair. Thank you.

L6 Presenter

Hi DJR,

Its not possible to generate report based on top talker from custom report.

Custom report always pull information for individual sessions.

As earlier said closest thing is ACC.

Please contact SE to open a new Feature Request to add top talker in custom reports. I didnt find any existing Feature Request for the same.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L4 Transporter

OK thanks, if that is the definitive answer then I know not to waste time trying to do it.

Thank you for the swift replies

David

Hi DJR,

You just need to send one email to SE, and he will open FR.

I have limited visibility to FR, SE might be able to find existing FR and vote for you.

All this efforts will be useful for future clients, who might need the same thing.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!