Clients stuck in Connecting state

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Clients stuck in Connecting state

L1 Bithead

Hello All,

We have had a more or less stable GP environment during this pandemic.  About a week ago, we started receiving calls of clients not able to connect - the GP agent stuck in the connecting state.

We had recently enabled split tunneling for just a couple Microsoft networks to support teams and backed that out but at still receiving calls.  A call to TAC also resulted in some custom apps to reduce the load on our firewall.

With GP agent version 5.0.2-13 on Windows 10 clients, we have had a rough week with over 30 calls with issues.  It seems the fix for some clients is kill the agent, restart pangps service.  Others removing IPV6 from network adaptor did it.  Yet others a reinstall did it.

Is the connecting indication the client connecting to the portal, the gateway, or both?  I'm trying to determine where the issue is.  We have a large contingent of users working fine on it but a growing number having issues.

I suspected recent updates (sccm pushed some updates including .net 4.7.2, and windows update put a security patch on) - but we have clients with and without these updates working and not working.

The KB shows nothing that has helped with this, but just looking at other potential solutions while waiting.  

I'm trying to hold off rebooting the firewall but I'm tempted! 🙂

John

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Would it be possible to try a more recent version of the 5.0 client?  5.0.2 is over a year old now, and the preferred release at the moment is 5.0.9 (see https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/customer-resources/support-pan-os-software-release-guidance/ta-...).  We previously had problems with users not being able to connect on versions earlier than 5.0.5.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!