ERROR! couldn't resolve module/action . . . for panos_address_object, yet other modules are found

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ERROR! couldn't resolve module/action . . . for panos_address_object, yet other modules are found

L0 Member

I am working with ansible 2.9.6 on Ubuntu 20.04 and the PAN-OS Ansible Collection loaded via ansible-galaxy collection install . . . and as nearly as I can tell that version is 2.5. I have play books that call panos_security_rule, panos_nat_rule, and panos_commit_push. These -- and panos_address_object -- are all located in "~/.ansible/collections/ansible_collections/paloaltonetworks/panos/plugins/modules". Only calls to panos_address_object throw the "couldn't resolve module/action" error. 

I am NOT running in a container. Is this an error that actually indicates some kind of syntax error that has nothing to do with the module location?

- name: Add flog service group
  panos_address_object:
     ip_address: "{{ inventory_hostname }}"  
     password: "{{ creds.password }}"
     username: "{{ creds.username }}"
     name: 'flog-fe'
     address_type: 'ip-range'
     value: '10.1.1.1-10.2.2.3'
     tag: ['flog']

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

Read this as the address object is added in 2.8 and you may need to install it seperatly than the collection. Also the object uses provider: '{{ provider }}' and other parameters so read carefully.

https://ansible-pan.readthedocs.io/en/latest/modules/panos_address_object_module.html

If you think that this will work on 2.5 why don't you install docker and use a container with ansible 2.5 to see if the galaxy collection will work with it?

If there is no container with ansible 2.5 and you are not good with writting dockerfiles just start a basic conteiner with ubuntu base image, enter it, install the needed things and use docker commit to create your new image (just to have backup if the container has issues):

https://phoenixnap.com/kb/how-to-commit-changes-to-docker-image

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!