Python automate GP VPN connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Python automate GP VPN connection

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone!

I was asked to use Python to automate processes that download files from multiple servers. In order to connect to the servers, I must connect to the Global Protect VPN first. That said, in order to automate the process, I must also automate the VPN connection/disconnection. I tried to search for information about how to automate the GP VPN connection in Python but couldn't find any helpful posts. Could anyone please help with it? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

Hello there, since you are able to use linux and openconnect, maybe you can add inside your script a command line like:

openconnect --protocol=gp -u user -p password host:port

Best regards.

---
Rodolfo Timoteo da Silva
Security Team
IbestSec - Segurança da Informação
Support Center +55 16 3443 1866 opção 2
https://ibestsec.milldesk.com/

L1 Bithead

Hello @sobelarry 

If it's linux, then you can script network manager...

@IbestSec Thanks. Could you please elaborate the solution? For example, is the openconnect a module needed to be installed? If so, could you please provide the link for the library? I couldn't find it.

Thank you again for the help!

@jimzam Thanks. Could you please elaborate the solution? Not sure what I need to do in order to script network manager.

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!