XML API call creates persistent Web session

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XML API call creates persistent Web session

L0 Member

In the CLI, "show admins" will report my current CLI session.

If I also log into the Web interface, "show admins" will now show a Web session in addition to the CLI session.

After I click "logout" on the Web interface, "show admins" reveals that my Web session is now gone.

However, if I run a python script using the XML API from a remote server to retrieve the ARP table entries, and then run

"show admins", I now see a new Web session for the Admin used in the script.

Both the response and the request headers show that the connection is closed and "ss -t -a" shows no open TCP port from the client to the firewall.

Yet the Web session persists.

I tried issuing a follow-up xml api command, ?type=op&cmd=<exit></exit>, but that returns error code 17.

The "debug cli on" feature fails to reveal anything about the "logout" button on the Web interface.

Why does a Web session persist after using the XML API and is there a proper way to close it?

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!