Installing Python Libraries for Custom Automations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Installing Python Libraries for Custom Automations

L3 Networker

I have a need to use a library called "Beautiful Soup" for scraping and HTML Parsing on a Custom Automation I am writing for use in a playbook. How do I install the dependencies so that I can use any library that I need ? 

Traditional on VSCode I would use pip install etc on the server I see that it isn't so simple. 

Thanks in advance

Cortex XSOAR 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hi @michaelsysec242 

One of docker images has Beautiful Soup installed so you will need to change the docker image name as below for the automation scrip that you are trying to run. Then you can import Beautiful Soup functions.

ysato_0-1672251882487.png

If you need to install other dependencies that might not be pre-installed, you can use the built-in command "/docker_image_create" and specifying other parameters. The only potential issue is you wont be able to deleted dockers from the UI, you will need to go into the server to delete them.

ysato_1-1672252136942.png

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Hi @michaelsysec242 

One of docker images has Beautiful Soup installed so you will need to change the docker image name as below for the automation scrip that you are trying to run. Then you can import Beautiful Soup functions.

ysato_0-1672251882487.png

If you need to install other dependencies that might not be pre-installed, you can use the built-in command "/docker_image_create" and specifying other parameters. The only potential issue is you wont be able to deleted dockers from the UI, you will need to go into the server to delete them.

ysato_1-1672252136942.png

I hope this helps!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!