cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Start playbook from API with own inputs

L0 Member

Hi all,

I have problem and I would like please you for help.

My target is, from API (via postman) run some playbook with own data. For example, call playbook, where I added into playbook Inputs property "Left".

How I tried set $Input.Left from my API, there are free version in one, - in data, in args, and in inputs. Nothing works, $Input.Left is empty when playbook run.
Url: https://ourtestserver.com:443/entry/
And json body:
{
"investigationId":"2939",
"data":"!setPlaybook incidentId=2939 name=test-playbook {inputs={Left=5}}",
"args": {
"Left": {
"Simple": "1"
}
},
"inputs":{
"Left": "5"
}
}

I know, that method /Entry has property ARGS, but how to use it in Playbook, is it possible? 

Playbook has Input/Outputs, I can add new input in playbook designer and set new property "Left", and set default value. Then, in tasks I'm able work with it. 

But exist same way, how to fill playbook inputs from API /entry please?

Thank you for your ideas.

Michal

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi @michal.grznar, I dont think this is possible. Playbook input can be passed as a part of the context only.

I would recommend this method. Configure the playbook like this.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 2.04.25 pm.png

You can then send a postman request like this. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 2.55.10 pm.png

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!