cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

API set up with global protect and infoblox

L0 Member

Hello Community,

I hope i am in the right place to ask this question. I am working on building an API set up that will pull Global protect user information such as hostname, IP, etc... That data will then be fed into infoblox as our central dns source. Our previous rep had suggested: 

You can use two API

requests to view and then disconnect a Global Protect user who has been logged in for too long.

STEP 1 View all GlobalProtect users.

Make a request to view all GlobalProtect users:

curl

-X GET

'https: //firewall>/api/?

type=op&cmd=<show><global-protect-gateway><current-user/></global-

protect-gateway></show>&key=<apikey>

This command does not seem to be working and I attempted to go through the api interface on the firewall to build this call but after reviewing the documents I am not sure if I have the api call wrong or maybe the admin account properties. 

Has anyone built this type of api call/push before or have ideas? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @ADefeo ,

This works for me in the API browser.  <show><global-protect-gateway><current-user></current-user></global-protect-gateway></show>

It looks like you need to fix a couple syntax errors in your XML.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!