Creating a rule

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Creating a rule

L0 Member

I am creating a security rule to allow url whitelist but i m facing issue to commit Push the rule.One column is Audit comment is not taking any text.Please suggest what should i do.

Khushnood_0-1685467781544.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hi @Khushnood 

It appears that you have the the "Require audit comment on policies" enabled in Device -> Setup -> Management.

You can either put a comment there or disable the setting, depending on your security policies.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to Like if you find this post helpful

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Hi @Khushnood 

It appears that you have the the "Require audit comment on policies" enabled in Device -> Setup -> Management.

You can either put a comment there or disable the setting, depending on your security policies.

I hope this helps.

L0 Member

Hi Alin,

I tried to put the comment but its asking again after the commit push.

L2 Linker

@Khushnood 

The idea of the audit comment is to have a trail of what has been changed in that rule. Basically it will always ask you to put something there every time you do something to that rule or any other rule (add/modify).

You can see all the comments by clicking on the Audit Comment Archive at the bottom of the rule.

Here you can find a description on how this feature works and how you can disable/re-enable it.

I hope this helps.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!