General Interface status?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

General Interface status?

L4 Transporter

Hi folks,

We have a PA-200 over in London (on the recall list) that get complaints that the internet has intermittent connectivity issues.

Everytime I login to it, the interface (1/1) is up, green, and no indication of a problem.

Other than contacting the service provider about outage status, does anyone have method(s) on the firewall to determine if the internet connection experiences intermittent connectivity problems?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@OMatlock

I would put a Path-Monitoring policy in place on the PA-200 and simply see if you ever get any alerts that the path goes down. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@OMatlock

I would put a Path-Monitoring policy in place on the PA-200 and simply see if you ever get any alerts that the path goes down. 

@BPry

Thank you.

This is a standalone firewall.  I see path monitoring in the HA section.  Is that what I use?

I do not see any options to configure alerts.  Is that somewhere else?

Looking for the documentation about it.

If you have any more feedback, appreciate it.

@OMatlock,

It's an HA feature however I don't believe HA needs to be configured for you to configure it and get alerts from it. The alerts that are generated will be (subtype eq ha) and (severity eq high) and (eventid eq path-monitor-down) for a path groups destination IP going down, and then will generate a (subtype eq ha) and (severity eq critical) and (eventid eq path-monitor-down) for a total path group failure. You can use that to build a filter to get the alerts delivered to your email through 'Log Settings' 

L7 Applicator

@OMatlock

Another option would be path monitoring for a static route. This feature definately does not require HA to be enabled.

The documentation about this feature you can find here: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/81/pan-os/pan-os/networking/static-routes/configure-p...

(This link points to PAN-OS 8.1 but in PAN-OS 8.0 it is the same)

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!