JSON format

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

JSON format

L1 Bithead

I have a PAN config that is in json format that I want to implement on a 3060 fw.  It seems that the fw will only take config in "set" command format or .xml.  I am new to PANOS, I know in JUNOS you could do a "load override terminal" and drop this format onto the fw.   Is there a way to drop this json config onto the fw, or convert it to a .xml format?

Example of this format:

config {
  devices {
    example.exampledomain {
      vsys {
        vsys1 {
          zone {
            Trust {
              network {
                layer3 ethernet1/1;
              }
            }
            Untrust {
              network {
                layer3 ethernet1/2;
              }
            }
            Office{
              network {
                layer3;
              }
            }
            HA {
              network {
                layer3;
              }
            }

Thanks for any help here!

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

My apologies, it seems this is the default output, not json.  At any rate, how would I put this config onto the firewall.  The only methods I can seem to find involve "set" commands or .xml files.

L2 Linker

It is a shame there are no answers to this.  I am in the same situation you found yourself in 5 years ago.

• 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!