Migrate remote access services from Pulse (Ivanti) Secure to PaloAlto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Migrate remote access services from Pulse (Ivanti) Secure to PaloAlto

L1 Bithead

We currently run a pair of Palo Alto 5220's and are in the planning process for moving the VPN services from our Pulse Secure (Ivanti) appliances over to the PA and using Global Protect. On the Pulse appliance, there is an option to allow users to login to a web interface for controlled access to some internal resources if there is no VPN option available to them. Is there a way on the Palo Alto firewall to offer a similar connection to remote users who don't have the option of a VPN? For instance, one use of this is to allow a user to login and then click on web links to internal resources that have to originate from the protected network. This is great for users travelling and not able to connect to the VPN for whatever reason. The connection can be somewhat secured with a Yubikey or some other type of multi-factor authentication. Thoughts? Thank you!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

That's an easy read! I think this may do the trick. It's pretty simple to setup, and lots of authentication options! Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Are you referring to a clientless vpn solution? If so you can do a clientless vpn setup in GlobalProtect so a user would login on the webpage/portal and can set specific apps. 

GlobalProtect Clientless VPN (paloaltonetworks.com)

L1 Bithead

That may be it! I'll look over the options. Thanks, I really appreciate it. Changing platforms is quite challenging sometimes 🙂

L1 Bithead

That's an easy read! I think this may do the trick. It's pretty simple to setup, and lots of authentication options! Thanks again!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!