PAN-OS 10.1 no Wildfire Submissions logs in WebGUI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-OS 10.1 no Wildfire Submissions logs in WebGUI

L1 Bithead

Hi, 

I made upgrade on PA-220 to PAN-OS 10.1.0. After that the Wildfire Submission logs are not loaded in WebGUI. I only see the rotating progress circle in the upper right corner.

In CLI the Wildfire logs are visible 

>show log wildfire

Of course I have opened a support case. Just asking if anybody has the same issue and came up with a solution 😉

Rudolf

12 REPLIES 12

L6 Presenter

Why would you upgrade to a not stable version like 10.1 that just came out be a test guinea pig for it?

I suggest never doing and waiting for atleast 3 months and upgrading then as there will be many fixes to such issues in releases for example like 10.1.3 etc.

I don't see this to be a known issue as seen in the known issues only PAN-134053.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-10-1-0-known-and-addressed...

Have you tested the wildfire submission and connection?

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/wildfire/10-1/wildfire-admin/submit-files-for-wildfire-analysis/ve...

Hi Nikolay. Wrong description. Not me, but my customer made the upgrade 🙂 .Of course I would not do that on a FW under "my control". 

But some customers are very curious :). 

L6 Presenter

Ah I was support for many customers in the previous company so I get your pain. As a final option for them to use the latest 10.0.x like 10.0.6 if nothing helps? Maybe return to the old version and if needed upgrade to 10.0.6.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RudolfTorvenyi1,

Good reminder for the customer that they shouldn't be jumping into brand-new releases I guess 😉 

For what it's worth, I just looked at this on one of my lab PA-220s and I'm not experiencing the same issue after upgrading to 10.1.0. You could have them try re-installing the same release and see if that fixes the issue; or you could do what I would likely do and use it as an excuse to have them back the upgrade off of their (assuming production) firewall. 

Hi BPry, the reinstall didn't help. I have opened a case and will see how it goes. This is not a critical issue and the customer is fine with that. To have loyal "early adopter" customers is sometimes good :). 

I had a remote session with TAC and surprisingly it worked :D. The support technician told me that it takes some time after upgrade to work correctly 😕

@BPry @RudolfTorvenyi1 

Iam also facing the same issue did you get any response from Paloalto TAC team,

@nikoolayy1 

As this bug id is not match with current issue

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Joshan_Lakhani,

@RudolfTorvenyi1 mentioned in his last comment that it took a bit to start logging properly post upgrade, so maybe you are in the same situation. Personally I haven't ran into this issue on any of my LAB devices. I actually just upgraded a handful of non-critical PA-220s to 10.1.2 and didn't experience any logging issues running through validation checks afterwards, so I'm not sure how widespread this particular logging delay actually is. 

L1 Bithead

I have this issue on PA-820 and the same issue with Data Filtering Log after Upgrade to PAN-OS 10.1.5-h1 from 10.0.

I have opened ticket.

L1 Bithead

Hello, im facing the same issue in 10.2.6 after i have upgraded from 9.1. Any news about this topic from TAC ?

This problem seems to reoccur from time to time. It was identified as PAN-195689 and was already resolved in 10.1.9 (my case) and 10.2.3. But it seems to have appeared again. Maybe this will be addressed again in the next maintenance or hotfix release after 10.2.6. My communication with the Support Team on this matter lasted for about six months in 2022.

Thanks for your reply, i opened a TAC and i hope it will not last 6 months 😉

• 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!