Static Route via CLI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Static Route via CLI

L1 Bithead

I have a firewall with multiple Vsys/VRs.  Need to add a static route from one VR to another and I know I can do it via GUI, however I like to use the CLI if possible.  So would this command add the static route from one VR pointing to another?

set network virtual-router VR-Inside routing-table ip static-route 10.10.10.10/32 nexthop next-vr VR-Inside2
set network virtual-router VR-Inside routing-table ip static-route 10.10.10.20/32 nexthop next-vr VR-Inside2

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

That command should work perfectly fine. I would probably make sure to run validate full command after making the changes to make sure that the configuration is going to be valid, but I don't see why you would have any issues with the commands themselves. 

View solution in original post

> show config running | match x.x.x.x

I personally prefer to use GUI when working with Palo as this is one of the beauty of this device:-) 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

That command should work perfectly fine. I would probably make sure to run validate full command after making the changes to make sure that the configuration is going to be valid, but I don't see why you would have any issues with the commands themselves. 

Thank you, is it possible to see it int he config after typing in the command or a similar route that already exists?  For instance in the Cisco ASA I can see the existing routes by piping the command.  I know with Palo I can pipe with the match argument.  But what can I type before show deviceconfig | match 10.10.10.10?

> show config running | match x.x.x.x

I personally prefer to use GUI when working with Palo as this is one of the beauty of this device:-) 

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!