Traffic Monitor Operators

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traffic Monitor Operators

L4 Transporter

Hey!

is there a way to define a "not equal" operator for an ip address?

Why does "neq" not work?

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

Hey @MPI-AE

"neq" is definitely a valid operator, perhaps you're hitting some GUI bug?

e.g.

(addr.dst neq 8.8.8.8)

As an alternative, you can use the exclamation mark e.g.

!(addr.dst eq 8.8.8.8)

L7 Applicator

Hi @MPI-AE

Do you use 1 IP address as filter or a subnet? With one IP, it is like @LukeBullimore already wrote. For a subnet you have to use "notin" (for example "addr.dst notin 10.10.10.0/24")

Hey!

It's one ip address. But it doesn't work for me:

Unbenannt.JPG

Hmn ... I see ... and also tested it (I have probably never used the negate option for one IP or I only used the operator that works 😛 (see below))

"eq" works to match one IP but if to negate just one IP you have to use "notin"

Yep that is completely my bad @Remo. You can't use NEQ for an IP address filter, only for filter types where "eq" is appropriate.

e.g ( zone.dst eq test) = neq would be valid there.

My bad! To negate IP addresses use notin

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MPI-AE,

Just to add to this a bit. 

the valid operators for addr is in/notin, however an eq statement can also be used in the GUI. The GUI is presently set so that  if you run a query with the eq operator ( addr.dst eq 10.191.16.61 ) it truly uses the CLI equivelent of 'show log traffic dst in 10.191.16.61' and essentially "corrects" your operator issue for you. The same was never setup for a neq operator, simply hitting the invalid operator warning. 

Essentially this was done to be friendly to operator mistakes, but it can also easily lead to confusion since the operator overwrite was never fully fleshed out to include all operators. 

@BPry

Would like to ask an additional thing:

I want to search for all google apps in the monitor. Is there an operator for that?

I tried: ( app contains google ) but that doesn't work.

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!