Where to put Office 365 dependencies?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Where to put Office 365 dependencies?

L3 Networker

I created a security policy for Office 365 using the application IDs. When I commmited, it said that SSL required, but I already have SSL/web-browsing in another policy below.

During testing, I found that the 365 policy was not catching any 365 traffic... my SSL policy was catching it instead, and logging it all as "ssl" instead of Office.

So I put SSL into the same rule with 365. I can see Office applications, but now all SSL traffic is hitting the 365 rule, whether it's Office related or not.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Just following the replies so that I know the solution to this. To get around this in the past I've been simply putting all applicaiton rules above my more broader rules at the bottom of our Security Policies list. 

This is a really a good time to get MineMeld involved though, as you can pull the list of IP addresses that Microsoft is recording and simply set that as the destination. It gets to be more upkeep on services that don't list the IP addresses that they use but I've been making it work with selecting the IP addresses and making a custom URL Category when it only lists the URLs 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!